Monday, November 5, 2012

Kraftwerk



Kraftwerk

I’ve long been a fan of electronic music, and often hunt around the internet to find new things I’ve not heard before. When I first came across Kraftwerk, in this manner, my first thought as I listened to “Autobahn” was something like “this is a really cool new group, they have a really unique sound”. It was after that that I learned that “new” song I just listened to came out in the 1970s. This German group was clearly a little different. It seemed evident that they had an impact on the music developing since then. Not being mainstream music their impact on music in the US isn’t seen through people remembering them and their work all around the country. Instead through the artists that refer to them as being their inspiration, or sampling thei
r tracks for their own work, as well as taking a different definition of what a musical instrument is. With this in mind listen for yourself and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment